Rob founded AppliGate in 1985. He is currently a software developer and working on the 'Elderly Monitoring System' plan. An overview of his achievements and projects.
- Reactive Architecture, Lightbend – certified, December 28th, 2018.
- Bachelor Electronics Engineering, HTS-E Rens & Rens – November 26th, 1965.
- He migrated the data from the Lotus Notes Absence Registration & Tracking System for an online system.
- Designed and developed the 'Invoicing Manager' application, which reduced the invoicing process from 14 days to 2 days per month, as well as the 'Management Information' system for real-time insight into the performance of the company doctors and consultants.
- He made AppliGate the first Lotus Authorized Education Center (LAEC) in the Netherlands in 1994; LAEC of the year in the Netherlands in 2000.
- In 1996 the AppliGate website was developed to enable HR managers and students to register online for a course.
- He obtained the contract to deliver a customized 'IBM WebSphere Portal' course for a large ICT company.
- IBM Champion 2011/2012 for 'Lotus and IBM Collaboration Solutions.'
- made in line with this all internal business applications needed to function as a Lotus Authorized Education Centre in the Netherlands. He used
IBM Lotus Notes & Dominoand
LotusScriptto accomplish it,
- redesigned the AppliGate website in 2013 using the Restlet framework, Java, GAE, and Bigtable (JDO), and
- developed the Event Scheduler for scheduling training courses, using the Restlet framework, Java, and Bigtable
- He developed the backend for the Android app using the Restlet framework, Java, Lotus Domino.
- He automated the billing process as a replacement for a Microsoft Excel-based application using UML, IBM XPages (JSF), and Java. Created a YouTube instruction video using Camtasia,
- built a SOAP interface for communication with the online financial administration using Java,
- modernized the declaration system using LotusScript and Java, and
- added a Management Information System, for an overview of the declarations per month by an employee, department, or customer using IBM XPages (JSF) and Java.
- He added 2-factor authentication to the online access of the Absence Registration system using the Restlet framework, Java, and JQuery, and
- maintained the online Absence registration system using Spring and Java.
- He maintained the communication with external systems using LotusScript, XML, and XSLT, and
- developed a connection with AFAS Profit systems using the Restlet framework, Java, and SOAP.
- AngularJs project - 2013: Multiple Choice - Java, GAE, Restlet, Firebase, AngularJS.
- The course How to use Managed Beans in XPages, part 1, and part 2.
- Outstanding: Julia.